Week 11 - Hibiscus...A Crepe Delight!

vegansto
Hibiscus - Kensington Market
Welcome back to Week 11 of "The Lazy Vegan Challenge Blog"!!

It saddens me that my blogging days are nearing to an end as Week 12 will be my final post, thus concluding this vegan challenge. But fear not! As I've mentioned in my "Week 7" post, I'm sticking to being a vegan after the challenge is over! I just won't be as lazy as a vegan anymore, because this blog assignment has really made me become a broke vegan. But reviewing vegan restaurants all over Toronto was really quite the adventure, as it enabled me to explore the city in areas that I've never been to and I had a lot of fun doing it! :)

For Week 11's featured restaurant, I visited "Hibiscus" in the Kensington Market area. It's a very tiny cafe that serves soup, salads, and most importantly, CREPES!! They can probably seat at most a total of 12 people in there. I went there on Good Friday and was lucky to even get a table for myself and my date.

vegansto kensington market
Buckwheat Savory Crepe - $9

We both ordered the Savory Crepe that was stuffed with tomato, basil, spinach and mushrooms, wrapped in a buckwheat crepe. Sounds simple, right? But yet was it soooo amazing!

The entire time we were stuffing our faces, we didn't speak to each other at all. We just kept nodding in approval after each bite at the simple deliciousness.

Not everything on their menu is vegan though, as each non-vegan item would be labelled as so.



vegansto kensington market
Mango Soy Smoothie - $4.50

The weather on Good Friday was a nice warm spring weather, which resulted in a nice spring-like smoothie!

Here, I got a Mango Soy Smoothie, which went very well with the savory crepe. A glass of red wine probably would've also been an excellent choice as well...but unfortunately that was not an option.



vegansto kensington market
Banana & Nutella Sweet Crepe - $8

Normally when one goes to a crepe place, they either have a crepe as a meal or dessert. Well that day we had it as both! How could we not when there are not many vegan crepe options in the city!

So my date and I each got a Sweet Crepe with bananas, dark chocolate and roasted hazelnut topped with chocolate brownie ice-cream and strawberries. 

I have to admit, this was the healthiest tasting crepe dessert that I had ever tasted, even with the brownie ice cream smothered on top. I can't wait to go back to try their Apple & Cinnamon Sweet Crepe.

 I give Hibiscus a 5/5. Their options on the menu aren't much but it's still a treat to have a vegan crepe resto in the city. Plus their staff is super friendly (even though they close at 6, they let us stay until 7. That was very nice of them).


**All photo's are taken by me from my iPhone :)


Follow Me On:





2 comments:

  1. Greetingѕ! Very helpful аdvice іn
    thіs particular article! It is thе little changes that
    make thе greatest сhanges. Mаnу thanks foг shаrіng!


    My wеblog - garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s appropriate tіme tο make some plans for the future
    and it is time
    to be hаpрy. I have гeаd
    thiѕ post and if I could I dеѕire to suggest you feω interesting
    thіngs or aԁvіce. Pеrhaps you could write next articlеs referring to
    this article. Ӏ want to read more things about it!

    Take а look at my web blog :: garden

    ReplyDelete