Week 9 - Green Earth Vegetarian Cuisine

Green Earth Vegetarian Cuisine - Broadview & Gerrard St E
Welcome back to Week 9 of The Lazy Vegan Challenge Blog!

On a very snowy day....my featured vegan restaurant for this week's lazy dine-in was at "Green Earth Vegetarian Cuisine" which is on Broadview & Gerrard St East. It was a bit of a travel to get to but definitely worth it (although I did accidentally put in the wrong address on my phone in Google Maps and ended up walking half a kilometre before arriving there)! The location is more of in a residential area so I didn't expect it to be as busy as my previous vegan dine-in experiences. That didn't change the sweet, warm welcoming greeting by the staff when my vegan date and I entered the restaurant!



Crispy Wonton - $4.25

We literally had the entire restaurant to ourselves but it's a small space and I'm sure all the locals were fine staying in at home on that blizzardy day.

We started with an appetizer ; the Crispy Wontons came with a side of sweet chili sauce. They were delicious!  I'm usually resistant  when it comes to anything with the word "chili" in it, just because I can't take anything spicy, but this sauce was more sweet than anything and really added flavour to the wontons.



Buddha Burger $8.95 / Conchiglie Ripiene $9.95

After our starter, we had a hard time deciding what to order for our main entrĂ©es. They had a lot of options! My date decided to go with the Buddha Burger which included green peppered flavoured soy protein patty served with onions, tomato, pickle, cucumber dressing ketchup and mustard. The burger was very flavourful and is perfect if you're opting for the "comfort food" kind of taste or craving.

For myself, I got the Conchiglie Ripiene which are pasta shells that were filled with spinach, tofu, textured vegetable proteins served with marinara sauce. It was definitely different for me since this was the first vegan pasta dish I've ever ordered (as a vegan) but I was definitely most pleased with the taste! The portion didn't look like much but those pasta shells were actually pretty big and were quite stuffed. After the third shell, I was full.

Almond Chocolate Cake - $4.75

And of course, we had dessert after, just because the selection looked enticing on the menu. We settled with a simple Almond Chocolate Cake, which tasted like pure chocolate heaven.

Based on the friendly staff, decently priced menu, and the taste and portion of their food, I rate Green Earth a 5/5. It probably helped that my date and I were the only customers in their restaurant that day but hey, what can you really complain about when you enter smiling and leave smiling? :)






**All photo's are taken by me from my iPhone :)


Follow Me On:




No comments:

Post a Comment